6K views

I've uploaded pictures for years, of my grandchildren, family reunions, etc. etc.

and now Snapfish has lost then all. I cannot believe that people in this business would not make sure those pictures could NEVER be lost. Some of them can be seen on the website and some simply never load. I attempted to purchase hard copy prints of everything that was showing up, and now they are even telling me those are not printable or recoverable, and that I should have stored them myself for a backup.

What's the point!

If I had wanted to store them myself, I would never have uploaded them to Snapfish for storage. Very upset about this whole matter!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Snapfish Cloud Storage.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Snapfish Cons: Lack of a live person to speak or chat with.

Location: Plano, Texas

Comments

#1967884

I have the same problem with snapfish, all my old precious moments which were clicked were stored in Snapfish and now I see that all of the pictures have just vanished from my account. I had alsosaved some of the photo links shared by my friends.

Lost everthing. Very very dissapointed:-(

This is ridiculous, I have viewed my photos 2 weeks ago and now i go back to purchase them and they are gone.. And now they tell me they were never there.

Are you freaking kidding me, they have been there for years. Ridiculous I can't get these photos back.

they use your photos for data mining, storing them beyond that is useless to them.

All my photos are gone as well. All our Disney pics and signs baby pics

@PissedConsumer1754824

They don’t even have a record of my account (email). I guess that means that all of my photos are gone. Fortunately, I put most of my photos on Shutterfly

SAME thing happened to me and Customer Service could give 2 *** I had all my baby pictures of my kids on there and was even sold a bag of bs back in the day trying to get me to store videos too. They are now claiming they were never a storage site?

Huh?!

That’s exactly what they were!!! Many many people use Snapfish as backup.

We have also lost many many photos and memories because of this terrible company. Things back as far as 2004.Has anyone seen any information about a class action lawsuit against SnapFish?

I know they have tried to disclaim dataloss in their terms, but they have updated their terms. When most of these people originally signed up for the service, the terms and conditions were much different.

I have copies. It seems like they would have an issue with unfair and deceptive trade practice -- leading people to believe their photos were safe, when they were in fact not safe at all.Has anyone pursued an individual lawsuit against them?

I'm honestly baffled by most of the comments, including the original post. Did you just fall off the potato truck?

Anything stored online from photos to videos to data, etc. is susceptible to corruption, deletion, hacking and numerous other issues.

To expect a third party to keep your precious photos and memories without backing them up is lunacy. In my opinion if you don't have a hard copy backup, the memories weren't that important to you.

@PissedConsumer1405190

What a cynical and ridiculous comment.Most people here have been using Snapfish since the mid-2000s, when laptops had much smaller hard drives and backup data drives were unavailable.Many of the photos I took were travel photos from Vietnam etc, where I always said "At least if my bag gets stolen, the photos will be online."If I had felt a need to keep my own copies of these photos, I would have carried my own thumb drives, and would have needed to carry dozens of them for years before backup hard drives became popular.

@PissedConsumer1448971

Absolutely!

@PissedConsumer1405190

This is the rudest thing I have every heard anyone say to someone. This person clearly has lost something special to them. Stop the remarks.

A small usb flash drive of 16, 32 or even 64 GB is relatively cheap in comparison to the family photos you had. Anyone with a computer should know enough to NOT rely on someone else to harbor your important documents/photos.

It's called having a backup just in case.

You are attempting to transfer the blame for your negligence onto someone else. Time to grow up, mate.

Actually what's unacceptable is blaming someone else because you didn't backup your data.Personal computers have been around since the early 80s and most of us have learned the hard way to maintain several backups of anything critical or important.

We keep a running backup on Carbonite AND a running backup of important stuff on a hard drive and periodically backup to DVD that we keep offsite (what if your house burns down or who knows what?.

Snapfish does not claim to be a backup service and anyway it's unreasonable to expect them to keep your pictures forever.

Unfortunately it's your fault.

Let this be a learning experience and maintain your own backup.

Good luck with the lawsuit - won't bring back your pictures though. NO, I don't work for them, I've learned through the school of hard knocks to be diligent about backup.In truth, computers aren't very trustworthy.

@ramjet

Here is a 'copy and paste' from their Terms and Conditions on their web site.

"You should always preserve your original Content, or make back-up copies of such Content, on your personal system. You should not use the Service as the only repository or other source for your Content."

Here is another copy/paste:

"All Content (whether private or public) that is Processed on the Site is the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it. Thus, you are responsible for your Content."

Annoying to be sure but they have covered themselves.

#1372041

I just logged in to get my daughter's soccer pictures from 2005. I was planning to use this photo for her Senior Night programs.

All the photos that were of her and her sister prior to 2005 are GONE! Is there a class action suit going on? This is ridiculous!!! All those memories are gone!

Why have a photo "storage" business?

I never received a warning they were going to delete them. This so wrong!!

#1371941

The same thing happened to me. Empty gray boxes where memories of all of my now deceased family members once existed. Nothing could ever make up for this loss.

I lost some of the older photos prior to 2005. Just gray boxes showing in the album, no pictures. Very upset and disappointing.

They have deleted all of my old albums. I admit I have not ordered from them in a while, and I am wondering if they delete them when you account is in active.

I am so mad because my pictures prior to 2010 are on my old laptop which I have done a factory reset on. I saved many of the photos on disks so I am hoping I can find the disk with one particular album I am looking for. I logged into my account recently to try and retrieve this album and noticed I had no saved albums anymore.

I'm not even sure they sent an email out that they were doing this. Very upset!

Same happened to me