6.1K views

The "new" Snapfish site has removed the ability to download an entire album of photos.If I need all of the photos from a particular album, I must download them individual.

Are you kidding me! It's as if my photos are being held hostage. I should be able to not only download an album, but do so easily. The "classic" site, which they took down completely in Feb.

2016 included the option to download an entire album and it was MUCH easier to navigate in general. I have over 16,000 photos on their site and have been a customer since 2006.

This is completely ridiculous and not at all user-friendly.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of snapfish website. Snapfish needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned snapfish website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Snapfish.

Comments

Absolutely agree!

I can not download pictures to my phone.My daughter sent me our vacation pictures threw Snapfish.

I don't understand what is going on ?? I have always been able to download photos. SNAPFISH YOU BEST GET THIS SITUATION CHANGED BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS & BUSINESS. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE Y'ALL PURPOSEFULLY CHANGED THIS.

I KNOW A LOT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE UPSET LIKE I AM.FIX THE PROBLEM { SNAPFISH }

Perth, Western Australia, Australia #1346783

Thank goodness I came across this site and read the comments.I was able to download my photos from snapfish to my computer ..

WOOHOO!!!

so happy.Thanks Loribee!

Houston, Texas, United States #1290513

I agree. Starting to HATE, with a passion, Snapfish!

North Charleston, South Carolina, United States #1285704

It's fixed!You can now download entire albums from SF to your computer: select all photos in an album, click the wheel icon to the left, click download, then click "open" (not save) and drag photos to a location on your computer.

It started as a zip file but when you open it the files are unzipped and you can drag them in batches to an albumn on your hard drive.Yahoo!

to Loribee #1296929

YES!! THANK YOU!

Anyone looking to get all of their photos out of Snapfish -- there is a Rub library that uses their unpublished API to download all your albums. More information here: https://rubygems.org/gems/fisherman

You'll need to find a friend with a little programming familiarity, but once you get them out you never have to go back!

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1283250

i need a way to transfer my pictures to other websites or save them to my computer this is ridiculous and im appalled at snapfish and hope this issue is fixed ASAP.

Clifton, New Jersey, United States #1277412

I don't like the new site, either and they lost some of my photos as well.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1262027

Site is horrible, and customer service is a joke.

Cambria Heights, New York, United States #1261844

Site is horrible. Use google plus. Can't download my own pics

Cambria Heights, New York, United States #1261843

I agree and cannot even download a few. I hate this modality now. Google plus much better

Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States #1253391

I just learned of this change and now downloading all my photos so i can change over to Google photos

Mather, Pennsylvania, United States #1246949

Don't count on a change.It has been this way since April 2016 and still no changes.

I have lost over 100 photos because when they changed over, some of my photos didn't transfer. They are now grayed out and unavailable. 100s of photos from my daughter's childhood.

...gone forever.

Mather, Pennsylvania, United States #1246947

It is now November 28, 2016 and no solution has been offered.I am sitting on my laptop as we speak, downloading THOUSANDS of photos so I can upload them to Google photos.

I am absolutely disgusted.

Over 100 photos lost of my daughter's childhood bc of some backup error.Grrrrrrr.

Deerfield, Illinois, United States #1244165

The new site deleted the option to download an entire album!I have dozens of albums with 100+ photos in them.

And now they want me to select each photo individually? Come on, guys, that's ridiculous. Unless that changes, I'm switching to Google Photos at photos.google.com.

I've used Snapfish for over a decade, but this is a big step backwards.

I just learned of Snapish's change.I have been a customer since 1999 and have thousands of photos on their site.

I feel like they are holding them hostage too. I wonder if there are any 3rd Party batch-downloading tools? I am so dissappointed in Snapfish! .

. .

.time to find a new service!

Denton, Texas, United States #1232246

I absolutely agree!When snapfish changed formats, they lost many of my photos as they were corrupted in the transfer.

I have been told that they cannot recover the photos and it is my fault for not having them saved on multiple sites. I am trying to download the remaining photos and have to do this one by one.

Since this is the only option, I will definitely download them and move them to shutterfly.

Liberty Lake, Washington, United States #1227606

This is insane!I've been having this argument with their support since June now.

Funny part is it got escalated to some senior manager called Jon who assured me that 'bulk download' option will be rolled out in August. I thanked him and patiently waited. In September when I emailed asking 'What's the status?' the email could not be delivered!!!

What a joke! These people have thousands of our photos and holding them hostage.

Please keep contacting their support and asking for this problem to be resolved and insisting that one-by-one download is an equivalent of being held hostage.

Use this example:

If I need to download 5 of my albums and each of them has 500 photos in average and it takes 20 seconds to download each photo we are looking at 12 Hours of non-stop work to get My Photos onto My PC.

NOTE: What they will do is keep giving you more and more credit to print 'free' photos.REFUSE and insist on escalating to the next manager.

Sycamore, Georgia, United States #1226966

I totally agree!I put my photos on SF so they would be safe and accessible but now, even worse than this post, the site WILL NOT DOWNLOAD photos back to my pc!

SF should have left well-enough alone and kept the classic site.This new mess is nothing but a hassle!